Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Phone Call From Mandi!

Hi all! I thought I should post my phone call from Mandi.

Sunday night, I just happen to be at Mandi's friend's house. While there, her friend Rachelle, was on facebook. She called me over and told me that Mandi was online and chatting! A mother's dream!! This was the first opportunity since she left to actually carry on a short conversation and get some information from her. Just as we were closing up our conversation (after all it was one something in the morning there) I asked her when she thought she could find a phone to call me. Happily, she said that she would try to call sometime on Monday but wasn't sure what time.

Hip Hip Hooray!! I was so thrilled and determined to have my cell phone on me at all times through out the day.

Monday I thought about that phone call all morning and knew in the back of my mind that there was possibility that it may not happen. There is no telling what change of plans the team may have and if Mandi could actually get to one of those phone booths to call.

I had my phone with me all morning and the one time I left it for 30 seconds, Mandi called. When I saw that I missed a call and looked at the number, my heart dropped at the sight of the long number that didn't look recognizable. Sure enough it was Mandi, and I missed her. Just as I started listening to her message my phone rang again. It was Mandi trying me one more time. Thanks you Lord for prompting her to call once more!!

I had about a five min. conversation with her. It greatly surpassed chatting on facebook because I could here her sweet voice. A voice tells a lot about how people are doing. She sounded terrific, so happy and excited!! I asked her probably too many questions. She was gracious and answered them all.

She says that she loves it there and the culture is so different but amazing. The weather has been chilly but she was prepared enough for that. Yesterday it was raining there. They have some work projects that they want to get done at the Children's Home but are waiting for better weather. Today or tomorrow, I can't remember, they are taking some of the older children to a city called Rosario. It is the second largest city in Argentina and is about a two hour drive from San Nicolas. They will take them out to dinner, to a shopping mall and just basically show them a wonderful time.

Mandi has been spending most of her time with the infants up to 12 years old. She says that they are the kids that are most receptive to her. She said that at first the kids her age thought she was 18 and they didn't hang out with her. Then they found out she was there age and warmed up a bit more. Some connections have been faster than others.

Well, I think that this is all the info that I got from her. The rest of the phone call I was telling her how I miss her and to please come back. She laughed!! She said that she loves it there and she loves the kids and wants to come back. This could become a yearly thing! I believe that God has been wiring her heart for overseas missions for a few years now. I am preparing myself for the future and what wonderful plans God has in store for her where ever they may be.

So there you you have it, a long post from Mandi's mom! As you can tell I miss her greatly and this phone call did wonders for me. Please keep praying for Mandi and the team. Some of the team members are not feeling so well. Mandi says she feels wonderful!

Maybe the next post will be from Mandi herself. She does have access to a computer. She said it's all about time there. They are busy all day long and get back to the hotel very late.

God Bless, Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Mandi,
    Sounds like you are having a great time! Praying you don't get sick and that your sleep leaves you rested for the next day. I have a feeling you'll be going back in the future. Love you and miss you, Auntie Kimmie

    ReplyDelete