Saturday, July 24, 2010

Praying for Mandi!

It's  early, around 4:30 in the morning. Something woke me up besides my alarm for bootcamp. This is Saturday and I am suppose to be sleeping in. It is 8:30 in Argentina and Mandi is up and starting her day. I have felt this overwhelming need to pray for her and the team. I pray often for her throughout the day. Every time I think of her I pray, but I haven't felt this urgent need like I do now.

So I am praying! I wish I knew more specifically what to pray for, but I know generally how to pray - for safety, health, communication with kids, that she won't be too homesick, for the love of Jesus to shine through them, and much more.

Thursday Michael got a chance to talk to Mandi on the phone. She was doing good but was starting to miss family and friends. Then yesterday morning she reported on fb that she was coming down with a cold.

This is all I know for now. It has been awhile since anyone has chatted on fb with her or since she has updated her blog. I assume by the time she gets to the hotel at night she is very tired and needs to sleep instead of post. I am thankful for the few times that I have had contact from her over the last 10 days. When I was on my mission trip to Thailand over 20 years ago there was no contact with home except for mail which took 3 weeks! Imagine how my parents felt!

In a few days we will see her and all the blanks, or at least most of them will be filled in.
For now, keep praying!

God Bless, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment